12/17/12

Jailed: A Foreigner in a Chinese Prison

Jailed: A Foreigner in a Chinese Prison

Here is the very shocking story of Dan Cancian - a New Zealander who was living and working in China until the day he was suddenly attacked by three Chinese men. He was forced to defend himself and was badly injured, arrested and given a five year sentence for the crime of "self defense." There is more to this horrific tale in his video entitled "This Is The Real China":



See also:

North Korean Concentration Camp Drawings

The Making of "Nothing To Envy" Film

3 comments:

  1. He should have had a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. What a story. He should have learned some form of martial arts then maybe he could have defended himself without injuring any others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of sheer fear of the government, I am posting anonymous and on a VPN. I am still in China, but I have seen (and been a part of) stories like this. My wife was taken by the police because she didn't have proper registration for the city she was residing in and refused to sleep with the police officerS (yes, plural) that caught her. They beat her and threw her in jail. Only for 10 days, but she was traumatized. I'm still waiting on her visa to get her to my country, where we have human rights. The only warning is, in China, avoid all conflict! If you can't run away, take your beating. Law in China is deplorable and virtually non existent. Power is law, and anyone who is not from China AND doesn't have money and connections has NO POWER. Sorry to hear about this bloke and others (there have been a few stories recently)... just the other day I was accosted in China and all that went through my head was "the police won't help me, the people won't help me, and if I take action, I'm screwed." Go to China at your own risk. Odds are, you'll be fine. But if you're not... well... watch the video again. It's not the first, and it certainly is NO WHERE NEAR the last.

    ReplyDelete